Beginner Kids And Teens Training Classes Enrolling In September
Consistently good mechanics translates to physical literacy, enhanced sports performance and fewer injuries for kids. Not only that, a vast body of research indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function, which means consistency of a physical program over time can improve a child’s academic achievement.
The West London CrossFit Commitment:
- We teach children to become successful leaders.
- We will provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- We promote the importance of health and fitness for a lifetime.
- We will bring out the champion in your child!
West London CrossFit Kids uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children. Our classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more. Specifically, West London CrossFit Kids teaches the 10 General Physical Skills. These skills are the base for any sport or discipline your child may pursue. Improvement in each of these physical capacities will directly lead to your child having an increased ability to learn and succeed in other sports.
The 10 General Physical Skills
- 1. Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- 2. Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
- 3. Strength – How much can you lift?
- 4. Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
- 5. Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
- 6. Speed – How fast can you go?
- 7. Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- 8. Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- 9. Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
- 10. Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
West London CrossFit Kids is meant to be BIG fun for all ages. Broad-Inclusive- General fun. Fun means we provide an active alternative to sedentary pursuits, which means less childhood obesity and all-around better health for our children.
Further, the needs of second graders and high-school varsity wrestlers differ by degree and not kind; the program is scaleable for any age or experience level and accounts for the varied maturation status one can find in a class full of kids. West London CrossFit Kids gives kids from ages 5 -12 the opportunity to be physically fit and physically active throughout their lives. Ages 13+ would participate in our regular group class CrossFit program.
Give Your Child A Head Start On A Healthy Life!
Fill out the short form on the side of this page to get all the information you need on how to get your child signed up for our incredible Kids and Teens Training classes in West London today!